Are you throwing a Memorial Day Party in your apartment in Garner, NC? If so, we have the perfect appetizer recipe for you. Remember, Memorial day is a day to celebrate and remember our fallen heroes. A patriotic theme for your menu is perfect.
Patriotic Taco Salad would be great as an appetizer or a main dish. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa on the side. The American flag design is perfect for Memorial Day. It is a favorite of ours at Abberly Place.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 6 cups tortilla or corn chips
- 4 to 5 cups shredded lettuce
- 9 to 10 pitted large olives, sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato paste and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
2. Place chips in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread beef mixture evenly over the top. Cover with lettuce. For each star, arrange five olive slices together in the upper left corner. To form stripes, add cheese and tomatoes in alternating rows. Serve immediately.
Recipe and picture from Taste of Home