If you really want to get into the excitement that surrounds the race, you can throw a Derby Party in your apartment. I found these great tips to make your Kentucky Derby party feel like you’re in the middle of the action at Churchill Downs. Here’s a quick list that will get you started.
1. Mint Juleps- The officially beverage of Churchill Downs
2. Southern foods like Tea sandwiches and Barbeque
3. A large screen TV with great sound.
4. Printed copies of the lyrics to “My Old Kentucky Home”
5. Tons of roses for decoration.
6. Huge Kentucky Derby hats for the ladies.
7. Racing forms with the horses names and numbers. You can even make a fake betting pool to keep it interesting.
Let us know if you have a party and share your pics on our Facebook page!