With renting on the rise, there are some things to consider as you look at apartments in Raleigh, NC. You are not just renting a space, you want your apartment to be a home. Here are some tips on how to approach renting and apartment hunting.
- Don't gamble on location. Walk around at different times of day to see how safe and secure it feels. Look at local apartment amenities and schools if you have young children. Try to view the property itself at least twice before signing the lease.
- How easy is it for you to get to work? Consider things like distance to the office or train by car or bike.
- Rather than hide your pets when the landlord comes around, look for a pet friendly apartment. You and your pets will be happier.
- Get a proper contract with a reputable apartment management company. Make sure all your roommates (if you have them) are included.
- Check the grounds, patio and balcony clauses.
- Check the inventory carefully. Take photos of wear and tear if there is any when you move in.
- Protect yourself against theft and accidental damage, get renter's insurance.
- Find out what utilities or amenities are included in your rent.
- Put all agreements with roommates in writing to keep your home life running smoothly.
For more information on renting in Raleigh, NC, contact Abberly Place.