Super Bowl 2014:
Denver vs. Seattle on Feb. 2
Who is excited about Super Bowl?! While many of us love watching football, others watch the super bowl for the commercials and the half time show.
This year, Bruno Mars will take the stage and who knows what other surprise guests will show up!
If you are planning a party, you may want to try out this yummy recipe. You will love it and your guests will be talking about it for days!
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup FRENCH'S® Classic Yellow® Mustard or FRENCH'S® Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced jalapenos, drained or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp. Panko bread crumbs, toasted (optional)
- COMBINE all ingredients except bread crumbs in medium bowl.
- SPRINKLE bread crumbs over dip just before serving.
- SERVE with tortilla chips.
- Check our more recipes at www.frenchs.com.
Pick Up The Poop
We are having an issue throughout the community with residents not picking up behind their pets. We want to remind everyone that it is very important to do this if you own a dog.
IT’S THE LAW
- “It shall be unlawful for any person in charge of a dog to fail to remove feces deposited by the dog on publicly owned property,” (City code sec. 12-3011-B)
IT’S IN THE LEASE
- “Pets must be “walked” away from apartment premises. The resident is responsible for cleaning up pet wastes; failure to do so will result in a $25 penalty” (Pet Addendum to the lease agreement)
IT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO
- “Resident agrees that if, in the opinion of the management (based on complaints) the pet becomes a nuisance, the pet must be removed or legal action will be initiated.” (Pet Addendum to the lease agreement)
We also want to thank all of our responsible pet owners for doing the right thing and picking up. If you see anyone not following the rules, please feel free to contact our office at 919-772-6545. Thanks again!
Resident Activity Center
We are so happy that our residents love using our beautiful resident activity center. After all, this is why we have it…for you all to enjoy. With that being said, please keep in mind that parties are not allowed, you are only allowed 2 guests at a time, and it closes at 10:00 pm. Theses rules have not been followed lately and we would had to restrict you from using the amenities.
As some of you may be aware, we have a new employee here at Abberly Place. His name is Chance and he is thrilled to be a part of the Abberly Place Team!
Chance moved to the Garner Area from Greenville North Carolina. While living in Greenville, he worked at the Vidant Wellness Center of Greenville. He graduated from Pitt Community College with an Associates Degree in Therapeutic Massage.
Chance loves spending time with his wife and 9 month old little boy. If you see Chance, please make sure to welcome him to the Abberly Place Team!
Not only is February 2nd Super Bowl Sunday, it is Groundhog Day.
They say if it is cloudy when a groundhog emerges from its burrow on this day, then spring will come early; if it is sunny, the groundhog will supposedly see its shadow and retreat back into its burrow, and the winter weather will continue for six more weeks.
Old Man Winter has been working hard this winter, so lets hope that Mother Nature has a cloudy day in her forecast on Groundhog Day!
Air Filter Changes
The Service Team will be changing air filters in the buildings listed below during the month of December. Please make a note for yourselves if your building is on the list below. We ask that you kennel or secure all pets and please disarm alarm systems for that day.
We change your air filters so that your heating/air conditioning unit works more efficiently. Thank you for your cooperation.
1200 Plantation Pine Circle – 2/12/2014
1400 Plantation Pine Circle – 2/13/2014
600 Pine Walk Circle – 2/19/2014
300 Copperline Drive – 2/20/2014
400 Sagestone Way – 2/26/2014
1100 Copperline Drive – 2/27/2014
Rent vs. Buying
In todays economy, with unpredictable lay offs and relocations, people are choosing to rent housing versus buying a home.
Renting offers short term obligation for those people who are uncertain what their financial standing will be in the near future.
If your company decides to downsize or relocate, you will not be locked into a 30 year mortgage.
Most apartment communities offer flexible lease terms and options to break a contract if something unfortunate, like a job loss, happens.
Also, with renting an apartment, you will get the convenience of onsite amenities and benefits such as fitness centers, swimming pools, business centers and 24 hour maintenance.
You will never have to replace an appliance or do any home repairs. This saves time and money.