Abberly Place has a new Community Manager. Lisa comes to us with years of experience…over 20 years to be exact! Lisa was the Community Manager at the Apartments at Stonehenge before joining us. Before that, she was the manager at Waterford Village in Durham. She is very excited about this new journey and she is looking forward to meeting each of you!
Pick After Your Pet
IT’S THE LAW
“It shall be unlawful for any person in charge of a dog to fail to remove feces deposited by the dog on publicly owned property,” (City code sec. 12-3011-B)
IT’S IN THE LEASE
“Pets must be “walked” away from apartment premises. The resident is responsible for cleaning up pet wastes; failure to do so will result in a $25 penalty” (Pet Addendum to the lease agreement)
IT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO
“Resident agrees that if, in the opinion of the management (based on complaints) the pet becomes a nuisance, the pet must be removed or legal action will be initiated.” (Pet Addendum to the lease agreement)
Air Filter Changes
The Service Team will be changing air filters in the buildings listed below during the month of February. Please make a note for yourselves if your building is on the list below. We ask that you kennel or secure all pets and please disarm alarm systems for that day.
We change your air filters so that your heating/air conditioning unit works more efficiently. Thank you for your cooperation.
2/07 – 1200 Plantation Pine Circle
2/09 – 1400 Plantation Pine Circle
2/14 – 900 Plantation Pine Circle
2/16 – 300 Copperline Drive
2/21 – 400 Sagestone Way
2/23 – 1100 Copperline Drive
Upcoming Movie Releases
There are several movies that will be coming out within the next few months and we are super excited about it! Whether you are looking for a good laugh, romance or something scary…there are several options so get your tickets and popcorn ready. Here is a list of some of the movies that will be coming out in February and March.
- The Space Between Us
- Fifty Shades Darker
- The Lego Batman Movie
- Don’t Knock Twice
- Beauty and the Beast
- Before I Fall
- The Zookeepers Wife
Chicken Fajita Bubble Up Bake
- 1 can (7.5 oz) Pillsbury™ Country Style™ refrigerated biscuits
- 1 package Old El Paso™ fajita seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters; place in medium bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the fajita seasoning mix; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers and onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peppers and onion blister and char slightly or until cooked to your liking. Remove peppers and onion from skillet; keep warm.
- Return same skillet to medium heat. Add oil and chicken; cook on each side until browned and no longer pink in center. Sprinkle remaining fajita seasoning mix over chicken. Add water; cook and stir until sauce thickens. Return peppers and onion to skillet; stir to coat.
- Spoon chicken, peppers and onion into baking dish. Top with seasoning-coated biscuit pieces.
- Bake 20 minutes or until biscuit pieces are thoroughly baked and light golden brown. Sprinkle cheese over top; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!
There is nothing better then hearing something that is inspiring and positive. We thought that you would enjoy these beautiful and uplifting quotes by Maya Angelou.
If you don’t like something, change it. If you can not change it, change your attitude. Maya Angelou
If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Maya Angelou
Love recognizes no barriers. Love jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination. Maya Angelou
We would like to wish each of our residents a Happy Valentine’s Day! We hope that you each are spoiled with love on this special day! Hugs…did you know that they invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything? If you are not the mushy type and you do not like to verbally express your feelings, you could always give someone a hug!